Saturday, September 28, 2013

Our new apartment.

Here are some pictures of our first apartment. We love it so very much, tiny as it is!

 This is the living room, the couch where we spend most of our time. We eat, sleep, read, watch movies, and catch up on each other's days together right here.

This is the other half of our living room - the wilder side! We love our handmade bookshelf that a good friend gave us for our wedding! And I, of course, am obsessed with my floral couch!
 
We like to call this The Office - it's basically just a desk where dump all our junk and organize our mail. But I think it's pretty cute! (Sorry for the blurry picture!)

Right now, this is my little sewing station. I have big plans for myself this winter involving a lot of fabric and also probably a lot of frustration at trying to learn a new skill. This trunk was my grandmothers, the antique wooden box was used at our wedding for our adoption fund, and the sewing machine is my mom's - there is a lot of generational representation in this photo.

I made the "I love you because..." sign last year for Valentine's day - we have fun writing each other messages. The map picture frame was a gift to him from me for an anniversary, the wine bottle is from Darjeeling, India, and the flowers are dried from our wedding! I love this little nook of the apartment, it sort of pulls all the other rooms together. 

The bedroom is pretty simple. We haven't put much effort into it, but we like it because it's cozy!
 Here is basically the entire apartment - yes, I can capture it all in one photo!


One of the features of our apartment that I both love and hate is this closet - our only closet! It is so teeny, we basically have no storage space. Sometimes this is really frustrating, but I also love it because it means we have NO junk in our apartment. When we moved in, we had to get rid of a lot of stuff because it simply didn't fit - it's AWESOME. We intentionally chose nearly everything that's in our home because it is either beautiful or practical, and I love that.


Pictures of the dining room & kitchen will have to come later because my kitchen is a mess & we are almost done with our new dining room table and I am excited to post pictures of it! 

So there you have it - our first home together. If you live in the area (or if you don't!), come visit us! We would love to have you. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Glacier Bay National Park, 2016

If you'd asked me 5 years ago if I wanted to go to Alaska, I would have said "No way." But here I sit, just back from our...