Saturday, September 14, 2013

Life, lately.

Things have been pretty normal for us lately. No big events to speak of. I guess I'll give you the boring update... although it might be hard to think of anything to write about. Here's what we've been up to lately.

We got married!

It was the most beautiful day we could possibly have hoped for! It was so much fun to see everyone and celebrate together. All the stress of planning for the day was totally worth it! And now we are Mrs. & Mr. Korbines, at last!


We moved! 

Into the cutest little apartment on the eastern edge of Riverwest. We've had so much fun decorating and organizing our first home together. I love the mint green walls, the garden plot in the back, and the location of it - we're tucked back in the woods with the trail to the river right behind us. But most of all, I love waking up next to Kyle in the morning and coming home to him in the evening. I love sitting on our couch in  our apartment and eating dinner at our  table together. I love being together and doing life together.

We went to Montreal!

In lieu of a trip to Europe, we decided on French Canada for our honeymoon. It was the perfect place for us. We had just the right amount of sleeping in a relaxing mixed with some adventure, eating at fun restaurants, and exploring the old cities of Montreal and Quebec. It was pretty fantastic!

We started new jobs!

All of a sudden, we are both teachers! Kyle is a Teaching Assistant at UWM and will be leading labs for a college engineering class. I am teaching art to K4-7th grade students at Crosstrainers Academy in Milwaukee. So far I love it. The photo above is a picture of a very calm moment in art class. Before I brought out the paint. I'll let you use your imagination as to what happened next :)


We are just living life. And we are loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glacier Bay National Park, 2016

If you'd asked me 5 years ago if I wanted to go to Alaska, I would have said "No way." But here I sit, just back from our...