Tuesday, March 12, 2013

a project for love.

I have a confession: I really don't like Valentine's Day (yes, I know I'm a month late!). However, since Kyle made such a big deal about it last year (despite my protest), I decided to embrace it this year. I thought it would be a good excuse to make one of the projects from my repertoire of project ideas. So busted out my sandpaper & chalkboard paint and made this little chalkboard for our future home! It was pretty easy; I just sanded a piece of wood, gave it a couple coats of chalkboard paint, and then used stencils to paint the letters onto it. I made it over a period of a few days, but it probably only took about an hour total. 

I like it because there are always a million reasons why we love each other, and I hope this will help us remember those reasons. Even reasons as simple as "I love you because you make me laugh" are reasons to remember. I am the kind of person who needs reminders - I need to hear truth again and again or I can sometimes forget. I don't know why, but I am susceptible to lies when I don't hear truth. I hope that this visual will help me to remember the truth: the we love each other, and that that love is worth fighting for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glacier Bay National Park, 2016

If you'd asked me 5 years ago if I wanted to go to Alaska, I would have said "No way." But here I sit, just back from our...